Community Lawyers

helping with your legal needs


(616) 530-0101

Contact Us

  • Grand Rapids Law Group, PLLC, 1779 28th St. SW, 49519 Wyoming, Michigan United States
  • (616) 530-0101
  • (616) 777-5232

Contact Form

Let our employment immigration lawyers help with your Work Permit

A work permit, or Employment Authorization Document, Form I-766, is required to allow a foreign national to work in the U.S., and is typically only valid for a year. A I-765 Employment Authorization Document application can be applied for based on an I-485 Adjustment of Status application, a potential immigrant seeking status under Deferred Action, Asylum seekers and Refugees, and those in the United States under various visas, such as the J-2, K-Visa, the numerous E-visas, or an alien in the USA with L2 status. There are various places where the EAD application must be sent, based on the requester’s location.

A Grand Rapids Work Permit employment immigration lawyer can help make sure you meet the requirements on your visa application

Alien employees who are working in the United States under a temporary work visa, such as an H-1B, L-1, or O-1 visa are not able to apply for an EAD, as they are considered aliens in employment incident to status, as their employment is specifically tied to their visa.

Let an employment visa attorney from the Grand Rapids Law Group help you with your work permit today

Work Permit Advanced Parole I-485 Adjustment of Status