Community Lawyers

helping with your legal needs


(616) 530-0101

Contact Us

  • Grand Rapids Law Group, PLLC, 1779 28th St. SW, 49519 Wyoming, Michigan United States
  • (616) 530-0101
  • (616) 777-5232

Contact Form

Let our family immigration lawyers help with your K-Visa

For fiancés or spouses of U.S. citizens, as well as their accompanying children, K-Visas provide a way for them to be with their spouses while waiting for a permanent resident status to be granted. There are four different types of K-Visas, a K-1, K-2, K-3, and K-4. The K-1 and K-2 visa allow fiancés and their accompanying children to be in the United States with their significant other. The K-3 and K-4 allows foreign national spouses and their accompanying children to enter the United States to be with their spouses.

A Grand Rapids Family Visa lawyer can help make sure you meet the requirements on your K-Visa application

For the K-1 visa, there are certain requirements. These include:

Your fiancé needs to be a United States citizen (a legal permanent resident can’t file to bring their fiancés into the United States),

Your fiancé must intend to marry you within 90 days of entering the United States under a K-1 visa,

Your fiancé and you must be single and able to marry,

Your fiancé must have met you in the last two years (unless one of the K-1 visa exceptions applies),

Your fiancé must show that they are able to support you,

Your fiancé must provide a copy of any criminal record they may have,

You must be living outside of the United States,

You cannot have any prior United States immigration violations.

Let a family immigration attorney from the Grand Rapids Law Group help you with your K-Visa today

family visa immigration, k-visa, I-130, adjustment of status, DACA, deferred action