Friendly Adoption Lawyers in Grand Rapids Help You Grow Your Family
Navigate the complicated adoption process with the aid of our family law firm in Grand Rapids
Adopting a child is a wonderful, exciting step to take for your family. However, the adoption process itself is extremely complicated and provides many roadblocks to prospective adoptive parents. The adoption lawyers at Grand Rapids Law Group are well-versed in adoption law and work to get you through the process quickly and easily so that you can bring your child home. As Grand Rapids natives ourselves, we care about giving reliable, honest service to our western Michigan neighbors at an affordable price.
Our attorneys help you take the necessary steps to adopt your child
There are a wide variety of adoption types available to you, and your decision depends largely on your lifestyle and finances. We assist people with adoption types including international adoptions, stepparent or relative adoptions, agency adoptions, private or independent adoptions, foster care adoptions, and more.
Beyond the type of adoption you choose, you can expect a variety of challenging issues in the adoption process itself. Some of the issues that you can expect to face include:
- Home study. Prospective adoptive parents must undergo a special study to ensure that they are able to raise a child. The person issuing the study looks at your lifestyle, your parental abilities, your income and any other factors they deem important.
- Cost. Adopting a child is extremely expensive, particularly in the case of international adoptions. An adoption lawyer in Grand Rapids provides you with adoption options that are most realistic for your family in terms of price.
- Adoption petitions. As a prospective adoptive parent, you must file an adoption petition with the court before you can bring a child home. These documents can be rather complex depending on the type of adoption, but our attorneys help you fill them out thoroughly.
- Adoption hearings. Courts are required to hold court hearings to determine that the adoption is in the child’s best interests before they can grant your adoption petition. Our attorneys represent you at these hearings to ensure that they go smoothly.
- Parental rights. In some cases, our attorneys must seek termination of the natural parents’ parental rights, or encourage them to relinquish their parental rights. These struggles are limited to a minority of cases in specific adoption types.
Work with our family law firm in Grand Rapids to adopt your child
Start the adoption process today by calling Grand Rapids Law Group at 877-842-6812 or by visiting us online to schedule a consultation visit. Our office on 28th Street in Grand Rapids has plenty of available parking and a bus stop right out front, making it easy to get to. We provide services in both English and Spanish and offer flexible rates so that you can afford our services.