Responsive Grand Rapids Child Custody Law Attorneys Keep Your Children with You
Give your children a solid future with the help of a Grand Rapids family law lawyer
Child custody battles during and after divorces are often extremely emotional and contentious. Therefore, you need the assistance of a skilled child custody attorney to ensure you keep custody of your kids. The family law attorneys at Grand Rapids Law Group are passionate about helping families through their difficult times. Once a lawyer is assigned to your case, that lawyer stays close to you throughout the legal process to fight your battles for you in and out of the courtroom and to keep you as stress-free as possible. We pledge to deliver high-quality, cost-effective legal service at all times.
Our attorneys look out for the best interests of you and your children
There are numerous scenarios that could play out in custody disputes. For example, you could win sole custody or you could end up sharing custody with your spouse, with court-ordered time arrangements. There are a variety of influential factors that affect custody arrangements. Our attorneys secure the arrangement you desire by using their comprehensive knowledge of Grand Rapids family laws and these determining factors, which include:
- Income. Although you are likely to receive child support after gaining custody, the income of both parents still plays a factor in determining custody arrangements.
- The child’s needs. If a child has special medical, emotional, educational or other needs, then a judge is more likely to grant custody to the parent better suited to fulfill those needs.
- The child’s wishes. Judges occasionally allow children to voice their wishes in custody decisions. This typically only happens when a child is over a certain age.
- Parental ability. Judges take your ability as a parent very seriously when making decisions over custody. Parents with a history of abuse, neglect or a simple failure to provide for the needs of the child are unlikely to have a chance of gaining custody.
- Lifestyle. The lifestyle of both parents is extremely important. A parent who constantly travels, has known drinking issues or adheres to any lifestyle deemed inappropriate for raising a child is unlikely to obtain custody. Additionally, the lifestyle of the child is important, as judges are often reluctant to uproot children from their schools and extracurricular activities during this turbulent time.
Our attorneys analyze everything about your ability as a parent and the life your children would have with you to craft persuasive arguments that allow you to keep custody of your children.
Contact our Grand Rapids family law lawyers today for assistance
Call Grand Rapids Law Group today at 877-842-6812 or contact us online to schedule a consultation to talk about your child custody needs. Our offices are located on 28th Street in Grand Rapids, where we serve the citizens of western Michigan with affordable, compassionate legal service whenever they need it. We offer evening and weekend hours by appointment and flexible payment plans for your convenience.